RSS
Wecome to my Blog, enjoy reading :)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Noooooooo!!!!! Talk about a bad past couple of days...geesh!

OK so Friday I woke up very early (2:30 a.m.) and couldn't go back to sleep. I laid there tossing and turning until almost 3:00 and decided to get up. I played on the computer all morning and got my daughter off to school...then it hit me...I was totally ready to crawl back into bed for a while but since the bed was already made, I decided to stretch out on the couch instead. After a few minutes of daydreaming about dolls, I fell back to sleep....but when I woke up about an hour later, I had a migraine! I stumbled to the Kitchen and took one of my migraine pills and layed back down on the couch...which is where I ended up staying the rest of the day sleeping on and off until around midnight. The headache was finally gone but I was wide awake, so back to the computer I went. At around 6:00 a.m. I broke out my smocked doll dress and sewing machine and started working again. I got the sleeves put in and the buttons on but before I sewed the seam up the back, I wanted to make sure I got the bottom hem right so I got another 18" doll out of the cabinet and was going to check the fit. This doll was my 18" Portrait Head 10 which I loved the painting I had done and was really wanting to make a special dress for. She had been in the cabinet for over 6 mo. now in just a slip....well, I put her on my work table and walked away to get the dress.....CRASH!!! She fell over and shattered into a thousand pieces! I am sure all dollmakers have had this happen to them at least once and know how I am feeling about it. Sadly I do not have this mold so I have no way to re-make her at this time and since I was waiting for her to be dressed before I took her picture, I don't have anything to remember her by either. Hopefully I will be able to order the sfgw to re-make her soon...but for now, I will have to concentrate on finishing up my Molly before I can finish my smocked dress. I really want to make sure I get the lenght right before I finish the back seam.
 
Copyright 2009 Porcelain Dollmaking Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles
Wordpress by Ezwpthemes