RSS
Wecome to my Blog, enjoy reading :)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Express Yourself Arts Studio and Controlled Excentrics

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 9, 2010



What a great weekend I had! I found a new store on-line a few weeks ago and decided to contact to owner. Controlled Excentrics is a HUGE Arts and Crafts Studio located in quiet, beautiful Sutton, WV (which is about a 3 hour trip for me). After a couple phone conversations with Tamara, the owner, a visit for me was planned. The news starting calling for a snow storm over the weekend so we made arrangements for early Friday. It was well worth the trip. Tamara has it all from mosiac pieces, glass fusing, ceramic bisque and of course dollmaking supplies! Here is just one picture of the doll area:



I am so happy I finally found a shop that is within driving distance where I can go and buy the supplies I need. Once we got to the shop, the weather took a drastic change for the worse! The temperature started falling, as did the snow. Knowing the roads were going to start getting bad, we cut the visit short so we could head back home. Tamara and I did have time to very quickly pour a couple head molds with Laguna Porcelain Slip. I had never used this slip before and she wanted to show me how easy it was to pour. She broke out a jug of mocha brown slip, stirred it a few times, and we poured them. Within 10 to 15 minutes, the excess slip around the pourholes started to pop off all by itself and the molds released very nicely! I also noticed that the color of the slip did not transfer into the mold at all. It was just a white as it was before we poured it. I am going to order some of this slip and try pouring my 10" doll molds with it. I can't wait to see the results I get when I have more time to really concentrate on pouring. Tamara and I are discussing setting up a weekend this Spring or Summer for me to go back down to the Studio to teach an eye painting class! Now that I have visited the Studio, I am really looking forward to going back down when I have more time.

The trip home was a whole different ball game than the trip going down. By the time we hit the Morgantown area, the roads were snow and ice covered. We seen many vehicles wrecked into the medium and off the sides of the road. Traffic was creeping along at 20 mph but we were still sliding all over the road. Luckily we made it home safe and sound and the next morning, it was still snowing! We ended up with total accumulations in our area of 24" of snow. Here is a picture of Gary's truck in the driveway:



With more snow predicted for this evening, I plan to stay home and work on dolls! I have been painting on my bisque and will have to take some pics to post.

Have a great day!!!!

4 comments:

tazzy411 said...

I love dianna effner dolls. I was wondering if you can create dianna effner doll free? Can you please send to my address. Tayana Jean Pierre 783 Ne 127 St,North Miami;FL,33161

tazzy411 said...

I love dianna effner dolls. I was wondering if you can create dianna effner doll free? Can you please send to my address. Tayana Jean Pierre 783 Ne 127 St,North Miami;FL,33161

mcthete said...

replica bags louis vuitton he has a good point g1u30r3e79 replica bags bangkok click now f4q32z4o87 louis vuitton replica replica bags toronto replica bags wholesale india like it i5x97b6u68 replica bags china free shipping

Unknown said...

l7d56i3h29 j4f17u9s00 i1t40z2c00 i6t55b3g61 http://www.dolabuy.ru/ch%C4%81nei-c-209_211/7-star-shoes-black-p-2295.html>d7q49o3g29 f9v34w8p97

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Porcelain Dollmaking Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles
Wordpress by Ezwpthemes