RSS
Wecome to my Blog, enjoy reading :)

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Request from a passing Grandmother....



APRIL 25, 2009

Hello everyone! Once again you may have been wondering where I have been...well, my Husbands Grandmother got very ill and passed away on Sunday April 19, 2009. It has been a very emotional last few weeks. When she was first put in the hospital, she had asked me if I could make her 3 little girl dolls for her to give to these 3 girls who sat with her every Sunday at Church. She said she would like to give them to them for Christmas. Well of course I agreed so I began looking through my molds thinking about which ones to make them. Unfortunatley, her health deteriorated very quickly and as she laid awaiting for the Lord to take her, she looked over at her youngest Daughter and said "Please, make sure Daphne still makes those dolls for those little girls.". Ten minutes later, she was taken. It struck me hard when I was told that was her last request. Now that she had been laid to rest in the Cemetary, I am able to begin on the dolls. Once I get them made, my husband and I are going to go back to Grandma's church and present the dolls to those girls in Grandma's memory.
With this request, I will be once again putting my Polymer Clay on hold. I will be dedicating myself into getting these three dolls made and ready to find themselves in the loving arms are three beautiful little girls whom Grandma loved.

Here is a picture of the greenware for two of the dolls. The greenware has been cleaned and is ready to be fired into bisque. Bisque Firing is a long process to where the kiln heats up very slowly to around 2190 degrees F! I will be waiting until this evening before I fire the kiln since the weather here is finally getting warm. My kiln is located in my dining room and when I am in the process of bisque firing, it heats the house up pretty fast.

I am planning on updating everyone to my progress and of course post some pictures for you all to watch as I create these dolls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Porcelain Dollmaking Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles
Wordpress by Ezwpthemes